Follow these steps to charter or reactivate a new Grades 9-12 or middle-level chapter:
Make sure you have received all necessary approvals to start an FBLA chapter.
1. Speak to staff members who might be willing to serve as a chapter adviser.
2. Schedule to meet with the school principal about your desire to start an FBLA chapter.
3. Be ready to meet with the school superintendent and possibly the School Board.
4. Use the documentation found below to create a packet of materials for your principal, superintendent, school board.
Step #1: Read the cover letter listed below:
————→New/Reactivated Chapter Starter Packet Cover Letter
Step #2: Download and complete the chapter reactivation/starter application form listed below:
————→New/reactivated chapter application form
————→1. complete all information on the form, including the members’ names.
————→2. Add the students’ grade levels after each name.
Step #4: E-mail the state office that you would like to start/reactivate an FBLA chapter:
————→Send a message to Bruce Boncal, PA FBLA Executive Director, at email@example.com
————→Your name will be put on the advisers’ mailing list to receive regular FBLA mailings.
————→You will receive a username and password to enter members into the PA FBLA membership system.
Step #5: Process one check for membership dues (PA FBLA pays the $20 reactivation fee):
————→Make the check payable to: Pennsylvania FBLA.
————→Dues are $12 per student ($6 state dues and $6 national dues) for students in Grades 9-12.
————→Dues are $9 per student ($3 state dues and $6 national dues) for students in Grades 5-8.
————→Dues are unified. A member must pay both state and national dues.
————→Dues are not refundable once they are processed.
Step #6: Mail the following items to the PA FBLA State office:
————→1. New/reactivated chapter application form
————→2. Copy of local chapter bylaws
————→3. Membership dues check
To process additional memberships after you submit your initial application forms:
————→Advisers will receive a username and password to enter members online at the PA FBLA web site.
————→Enter members; generate an invoice. Make your check payable to: Pennsylvania FBLA.
————→Mail to the state office.
State Office Mailing Address:
Mr. Bruce E. Boncal
PA FBLA Executive Director
PO Box 5085
Jersey Shore, PA 17740
Region Officers and Advisers
Each chapter is placed in one of 28 regions in Pennsylvania.
01. 2018-19 PA FBLA Fact Sheet
02. 2018-19 Competitive Events Brochure
03. 2018-19 National FBLA Fact Sheet
04. 2018-19 National FBLA Promotional Brochure #1
05. 2018-19 National FBLA Promotional Brochure #2
06. 2018-19 FBLA Action Packet
07. 2018-19 PA FBLA List of Important Dates
08. 2018-19 FBLA Logos/Graphics
09. 2018-19 FBLA Color Membership Promotion Poster (2nd item on list)
10. Recruitment Strategies from National FBLA
11. FBLA Marketplace — Online Source for Official FBLA Merchandise
01. New Member Recruitment Letter
————→Sample FBLA Membership Application
————→What FBLA Offers Students
02. New Member Installation Ceremony
03. Sample Chapter Point System for Members
03. FBLA-PBL Scavenger Hunt
04. FBLA Emblem Ceremony
05. Top 10 Recruitment Ideas
06. FBLA Recruitment Video
Local Chapter Organization, Officers, and Meeting Management
01. Chapter Building Basics
————→Your Chapter’s Bylaws
————→New Chapter Installation Ceremony
02. Chapter Management 101
03. Start and FBLA Chapter in 5 Easy Steps
04. Adviser Responsibilities
————→Adviser Resource Guide
————→PA FBLA Policy/Leadership Handbook
05. Electing Officers and Their Duties
————→Sample Local Chapter Officer Candidate Application
————→Chapter Officer Installation Ceremony
06. Creating a Chapter Program of Work
————→Program of Work Progress/Evaluation Sheet
07. Sample Meeting Agenda
08. Sample Meeting Minutes
09. Sample Chapter Budget
10. Sample Treasurer’s Financial Report
11. Meeting Icebreakers
12. Leadership Activities
13. Chapter Activity Ideas
01. Fundraising Timeline and Planning Sheet (completed sample)
02. Fundraising Timeline and Planning Sheet (blank)
03. National Fundraising Partners
04. Detailed Information on National Fundraising Partners and Products Offered
05. Sample Donation Solicitation Letter
PA FBLA Chapter and Membership Programs
01. State Project Information
02. William Selden Outstanding Chapter (use to guide the development of a program of work)
03. Who’s Who in PA FBLA
04. Big 33 Community Service Program
05. National Business Honor Society
06. Keystone Leadership Award
07. State Leadership Workshop (see main page of PA FBLA web site)
09. State Leadership Conference
National Chapter and Membership Programs
01. Business Achievement Awards (BAA)
————→How to Participate in the BAA
02. Community Service Awards (CSA)
03. Good Neighbor Award
04. FBLA Chapter Challenge
05. Diamond Chapter
06. Membership Mania
07. Membership Madness
08. Middle-level Achievement Program (MAP)
Education and Curriculum
01. March of Dimes Service Learning Curriculum
02. School Store Operating Manual
03. AICPA Start Here, Go Places Curriculum
04. AMA Operation Enterprise Program
05. Brainbench Certifications (one free certification exam for FBLA members)
————→Go to FBLA Advisers area for instructions and promotional codes; will need “chapter # and password, which is “service”
06. CareerSafe — Cyber Safety Program
07. Certiport Certifications
08. H & R Block Dollars and Sense Program
11. Men’s Wearhouse “How to Dress for Success; First Impressions Matter” — contact firstname.lastname@example.org
14. Social Assurity
01. Virtual Business Challenge–Finance
02. Virtual Business Challenge–Management
04. The Stock Market Game
————→Go to FBLA Advisers area for instructions
05. Visa Practical Money Skills for Life
01. FBLA-PBL YouTube Channel
Celebrations and Supporting Materials
01. American Enterprise Day — November 15 (from national web site)
02. FBLA-PBL Week — February 3-9, 2019 (from national web site)
————→Sample Proclamation for FBLA Week — Use Locally or at State Level
National FBLA Chapter Management Handbook
————→latest and most up-to-date version
————→Building a Chapter
————→Recruitment, Retention, and Recognition
————→Full Chapter Management Handbook