- Chapters are encouraged to create a basket prior to the SLW. You may choose a theme for the basket.
Ideas can include, but are not limited to: music, sports, and even money. All food items MUST be in their original packaging and unopened.
- Chapters may donate two baskets for two service projects for the Outstanding Chapter Criteria Award.
- Upon arrival at the SLW, chapters should report to the Basket Auction table to register their respective basket(s).
- After the basket(s) has been registered, documentation will be given to your chapter that can be used if the individual chapter wishes to use the basket raffle points in the Outstanding Chapter Criteria Award.
- At the SLW, all members & advisers will be permitted to buy tickets and enter them to win the basket of their choice. A designated are will be set up where tickets may be purchased.
25 tickets – $5.00
- The winners of the basket auction will be announced during the Closing Session of the SLW. The winning tickets will be drawn at random and the winner must be present to claim their prize. If the winner is not at this session, a new ticket will be drawn. This process will be repeated until a winner is eligible to claim his/her prize.
- Chapters may donate multiple baskets; however, only two baskets can be used to claim points for Outstanding Chapter Criteria.
- The suggested price range per basket is $30-$40.
- All baskets must be wrapped in a see-through material (Ex. Cellophane, netting, etc.) in order to ensure that no materials are damaged, stolen, or lost.
- All food items must be in the original packaging and unopened.
- Each basket donated is worth 5 service points on the Outstanding Chapter Criteria (Chapters MUST have documentation to receive the points).
Chapters who participate in the basket auction will be giving back to a fantastic organization, this year’s state project—The American Heart Association.