Open Competitive Events Program Offerings and Guidelines
The following open competitive events will be offered at the 2021 Virtual State Leadership Conference. The link found on the event name is to a WuFoo form to register to participate in that particular open competitive event.
The events will be administered March 24 – April 7. The testing schedule is:
|March 24, 2021||March 25, 2021||March 26, 2021|
|PA FBLA Policies & Procedures
|March 29, 2021||March 30, 2021||March 31, 2021|
Stock Market & Investments
|Human Resource Management||Forensic Accounting
|April 01, 2021||April 02, 2021||April 05, 2021|
|no testing||no testing|
|April 06, 2021||April 07, 2021|
FBLA Creed/Code of Ethics/Pledge
Python Programming (bonus event)
- Only properly registered with the $20 VSLC registration paid members for the 2021 VSLC may participate in the Open Competitive Events Program.
- VSLC registration closes on Friday, February 19, at 11:59 pm.
- All PA FBLA members may participate in the Open Competitive Events Program, not just those qualified to compete in the regular competitive events program.
- You may register PA FBLA members above and beyond your regular competitors to participate in the Open Competitive Events Program.
- All properly registered and paid VSLC members may also participate in the leadership development program that will be offered starting in March.
- There will be 15 different open competitive events available to members (with one bonus event).
- Members will be able to choose to participate in a maximum of five different open competitive events.
- Advisers register students as “members at large” for the open competitive events through the regular VSLC registration process. Remember, students in the regular competitive events program must have their regular event listed (do not list them as a member at large).
- Individual scheduling for the different open events will be done through WuFoo forms that will be found on the PA FBLA website starting Monday, February 15. The ability to request to participate in an open event will remain open until Friday, February 26 (remember, students must be registered as official conference attendees by February 19).
- Open competitive events tests will be conducted during the period March 24 through April 7. Specific events will be tested on specific days. The schedule will be posted Monday.
- The Top 10 winners in each of the open events will be recognized at the VSLC Awards of Excellence program on Tuesday night, April 13. Recognition certificates will be mailed to chapter advisers after the VSLC along with any other plaques/awards the chapters have received
- The open events will be 50-75 questions in length. The tests will be online objective tests. There are no printed guidelines for the events. The maximum time limit for an event will be 30-45 minutes.
- All Open Competitive Events are individual tests. There are no team events. No collaboration is permitted.