Welcome to Pennsylvania FBLA’s 69th year serving more than 13,000 Pennsylvania students in 325 chapters in Grades 5-8 (middle level FBLA) and Grades 9-12 (high school FBLA).
Membership Processing Fees/Procedures
There are alternate membership procedures for chapters/members listed at the end of this page related to pandemic restrictions.
Grades 9-12 FBLA: $12 per student ($6 state/$6 national)
Middle-level FBLA: $9 per student ($3 state/$9 national)
There are no dues costs for advisers.
- All state and national dues processing (other than region fees/dues) is done through the Pennsylvania FBLA website. Please do not process your membership through the national website.
- New requirement for 2020-21: National FBLA now REQUIRES a student’s email address to be uploaded as part of his/her membership profile. From the August 25 and August 26, 2020, meetings on national membership processing, the national office was clear that it will not be possible to add a student to the national membership system without a valid email address. WHY? First, the student’s personalized digital membership card will be distributed by email to the student (paper membership cards will not be mailed to advisers for distribution). Second, the digital copy of the student magazine, the Tomorrow’s Business Leader, will be distributed to the student’s email address. Third, digital certificates for completion of programs/activities will be emailed directly to the student. Fourth, personalized access codes to paid virtual events such as National Fall Conferences will be emailed directly to students. WHAT’S THE DOWN SIDE TO NOT PROVIDING AN EMAIL ADDRESS? It will not be possible to enter and complete a student in the national membership system without an email address. The entry will be rejected.
- National FBLA is asking that the email address be the student’s personal email address, not a school email address. That request for a personal email address is due to the potential restrictions school systems place on receiving email from outside the school system AND the desire to communicate with and track a student after he/she graduates from high school. Unless you can guarantee that mail from an outside entity can be received by the school’s email system, please provide a personal email address.
- PLEASE BE AWARE: Students can be entered into the Pennsylvania FBLA membership system without an email address so that the student can participate in PA FBLA activities; however, the inability to process a student’s national membership without an email address will likely lead to that student’s inability to participate in national programs such as Business Achievement Awards, Community Service Awards, and other national programs in which the student must be a registered with the national office.
- Email addresses must be different and distinct. For example, an adviser cannot add his/her email address to each and every student to bypass the email requirement.
- Dues are unified. That means a student must be a member of both the state and national levels. A student cannot be a member of one and not the other.
- Dues are not refundable, nor is membership transferrable from one student to another student. Once you enter a student’s name into the system, it is our policy that the student is an FBLA member and you are now responsible for the dues payment. Please DO NOT enter a student’s name into the membership system unless you are certain the student will pay dues. Please do not ask to replace one student’s name with another name because a student has chosen to go inactive or to not participate.
- If a student transfers from his/her current school to another school with an FBLA chapter in Pennsylvania or outside Pennsylvania, please contact the state office. The state office will work with the national office to transfer the student’s membership. If the student has transferred from his/her school to another school without an FBLA chapter, that student will be assigned to the Pennsylvania FBLA Virtual Chapter and will maintain his/her active membership status with all the rights and responsibilities that comes with that.
- All state and national dues are paid to PA FBLA, not the national office. Once PA FBLA receives the single dues check with state and national dues, PA FBLA staff will upload the chapter’s membership to the national FBLA system.
Alternate Membership Processing Procedures for 2020-21
PA FBLA understands that schools are beginning the year in a variety instructional modes, including in-person, hybrid, and complete online/virtual. PA FBLA also understands that policies regarding activities may not permit FBLA chapters to meet in person during the school day or after the school day, but virtual chapter meetings may be permitted. PA FBLA also understands the difficulty advisers may experience attempting to process FBLA memberships through their school systems to pay FBLA memberships. As a result, we will be offer FBLA advisers the following membership processing options:
- Traditional Processing — adviser collects membership applications, collects dues from applicants, enters members in PA FBLA membership system (or emails a membership upload spreadsheet), processes membership check through school system and sends to PA FBLA.
- Combination Processing — adviser enters members into the PA FBLA membership system (or emails a membership upload spreadsheet) OR accepts members submitted via the PA FBLA online membership application AND payment processing occurs through the school system OR the student/parent pays from the emailed PA FBLA membership dues invoice. The adviser receives a copy of the submitted membership application.
- Remote Processing — student member completes online membership application, student/parent receive membership dues invoice from PA FBLA to pay by credit card, bank transfer, or check. PA FBLA enters student into membership system on behalf of the FBLA adviser and assigns the students to the appropriate FBLA chapter. The adviser receives a copy of the submitted membership application.
It is important that chapter advisers provide PA FBLA guidance in how they want their chapter’s membership processed. Advisers, please complete one of the following online form:
- Grades 9-12 High School FBLA Membership Processing Preferences
- Grades 5-8 Middle-level FBLA Membership Processing Preferences
The following online membership applications should be used by students in which the adviser has indicated a preference for the combination or remote membership processing options:
- Grades 9-12 High School FBLA Membership Application
- Grades 5-8 Middle-level FBLA Membership Application
If a student attends a school that does not have an active FBLA chapter, is home schooled, or attends a cyber or brick-and-mortar charter school, the student should complete the PA FBLA Virtual Chapter membership application: