Wed Feb 21, 2018
About the Virtual Chapter
FBLA has created a "virtual FBLA chapter" to reach out to students whose schools
do not have an organized FBLA chapter and would not otherwise be able to take
advantage of membership in Pennsylvania FBLA and National FBLA.
Virtual Chapter Guidelines
1. The name of this chapter
shall be the Pennsylvania FBLA Virtual FBLA Chapter.
2. The chapter’s physical address shall be the location of the Executive
1. Membership is open to
any student enrolled in a business or business-related class in a school that
does not have an active FBLA chapter, to any home-schooled student, or to any
student enrolled in a cyber charter school, or brick-and-mortar charter school. Students
in schools with active FBLA chapters are not permitted to be members of
the virtual chapter.
2. Members shall complete an online application that will be signed by a
parent providing permission for a student to participate in the Pennsylvania
Virtual FBLA chapter.
3. Dues shall be $12--$6 state dues and $6 national dues.
4. The chapter shall elect a president, vice president, secretary,
treasurer, historian, parliamentarian, and webmaster.
5. Committees may be established for the Virtual Chapter as necessary, and
all virtual chapter members will be eligible to serve on a committee.
6. Members must have a computer, an Internet connection, and a functioning
e-mail address to attend virtual meetings.
1. Meeting will be
conducted monthly via a “virtual classroom.” Meetings of officers will occur
virtually prior to the regular membership meeting.
2. The adviser(s) of the chapter shall be the members of the state
management team, staff assistants, or others appointed by the Executive
1. Pennsylvania FBLA will
not pay any travel expenses for students or chaperones to participate in FBLA
functions. All expenses must be incurred by the member and his/her parents.
1. Members of the Virtual
FBLA chapter shall be entitled to participate in any special programs
established by Pennsylvania FBLA, such as Big 33, Keystone Leadership Award,
2. Members of the Virtual FBLA chapter shall be entitled to participate in
any Pennsylvania FBLA function based on attendance restrictions that apply to
3. Members may attend the State Leadership Workshop with adult
supervision, and the student and adult must comply with the Delegate Code of
4. Members may attend the Region Leadership Workshop in their area where
their home is located with adult supervision, and the member must comply with
all policies established by that region.
5. Members may participate in the competitive events program in a “virtual
region.” The virtual region will include the PA FBLA Virtual Chapter as well as
any cyber charter schools that may be part of Pennsylvania FBLA.
a. All testing will be done from their home location under adult
b. School-site tests will be administered following the same guidelines as
students in other regions.
c. For performance events, students may submit their work by video for
review by a panel of judges.
d. For team events, students may combine with other virtual chapter
members to form a team, but testing will have to be done in a common location
under adult supervision.
e. All participation in competitive events will be done in compliance with
guidelines established by the Pennsylvania FBLA state office.
6. The Virtual Region will qualify students to participate in the State
Leadership Conference using the same guidelines as other chapters. In order to
participate in the competitive events, students must attend the State Leadership
Conference and compete onsite with all other students; the students will comply
with the Delegate Code of Conduct; and any other regulations established for
members of the Virtual Chapter. Students are eligible to participate in the
state-only competitive events and must submit their work by the stated
a. The student must be accompanied by an adult in order to participate in
State Leadership Conference activities.
b. Students will not be permitted to seek state office at this time.
c. The Virtual Chapter will be entitled to two voting delegates at the
State Leadership Conference.
7. Members of the Virtual Chapter shall be eligible to attend the National
Leadership Conference with adult supervision.